Re: Recover data in ext3 partition

honglin shang wrote:

Hi

I have a hard drive crash. From the R-linux, I can see the mount point, i.e. , /data, while it is empty. Otherthing like /etc/, I can see the files under it and recover, anyone know why?

Cheers,

Alan

use testdisk to try and read the partition, then, if unsuccessful,
send the error messages.
I am currently trying to recover a hdd myself, that gave I/O error 1117 (chock full o' bad blocks).

tony