Re: slow surfing broadband under FC5 To: For users of Fedora

fedora-list-request redhat com wrote:

Subject: Re: slow surfing broadband under FC5 To: For users of Fedora
Yuandan Zhang wrote:
> >      > just don't load, sometime, it keeps "looking up ... '
> >     or  'connecting to
> >      > ...'. sometime, it stoped with ' loading problem ...', most of

Check the stats on your network interface, eg

ifconfig eth0

looking at the number of errors seen on the interface.  That it gets
stuck on looking up DNS as well as everything else makes it sound like
packetloss, either between the Dlink and your PC or perhaps on the ADSL
side.

-Andy

Also check that your network cable is properly seated in the socket. You may *think* that you have a proper connection, but using ping to check that you can talk to your router, actually shows that you have no connection at all. This is especially annoying when you check the driver, reboot, check the setup, reboot, etc. etc. and only *then* discover that the cable is loose... Darn I hate it when that happens!
Now I always check the cable first.
Geoff