Fedora vs. Ubuntu

Peter Roopnarine proopnarine at calacademy.org
Thu Sep 21 00:23:43 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 16:59, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> So do we. If we used ubuntu, we'd be posting on their lists.
Well, we all use Linux, don't we? I use, in total, Fedora, Kubuntu, OpenSuse
and Debian. I find distro. allegiances amusing, since I remember the days
when Debian, Red Hat, and some long since departed friends were the only
packaged distros. out there, and I was compiling KDE from source. And
sometimes there are compelling reasons to choose one over the other,
particularly for newcomers; I would not recommend Gentoo to a newbie, no
matter how educational the experience would be.
Peter

--
Dr. Peter D. Roopnarine, Assoc. Curator
Department of Invertebrate Zoology & Geology

Phone: (415) 321-8271
FAX: (415) 321-8615
WWW: http://www.calacademy.org/research/izg/roopnarine/peter.htm
"there's a mansion on the hill"