Re: Rsync help needed

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 20 September 2006 18:49, Bob Chiodini wrote:
I'm still getting

rsync: failed to set times on "/home/anne/Public/Recipes/.":
Operation not permitted (1)
for every directory, although the contents of the directories appear to
be writing correctly.

I want to run this as a cron job, but not until I'm sure it does things
exactly right.

It might be that rsync is trying to overwrite the "." file.  Try:

rsync -e "/usr/bin/ssh" -auvz /home/david/Documents/Recipes/*
david borg:/home/anne/Public/Recipes

That's cured it for the ..../Recipes directory, but I still get the message for every subdirectory. Any more ideas?

Anne

Anne,

Looking at the man page for rsync the -o option which is implied by the -a option requires super-user access. It does not say that -a requires super-user access, however. Try using -rlptguvz.

Bob...