Re: HowTo mount cd/dvd from command line, like gnome do

Dario Lesca wrote:
Hi, is possible to mount the cd/dvd rom from command line like gnome do
when I click on the device?

I have share the /media folder to network and when I reboot the server
the dvd is not mounted into "/media/label of dvd". I must logon from
console and click on the computer/device for mount it.

It is possible to do that from a command put into rc.local?
I not know the label of dvd (if this is changed), then I not can do
"mount /dev/hdc '/media/some label'".

Some suggest?

Try:

$ gnome-mount --text --device /dev/hdc