Re: ripping FAQ

On 9/21/06, Ian Malone <ibmalone gmail com> wrote:
As an aside, there are certainly (fairly serious) bugs in
gstreamer's creation of Ogg/Vorbis files (which I why I
don't use it), and I seem to remember that there are
also problems with creating mp3.
Grip is much easier to troubleshoot since you can
investigate at each stage of the rip more easily.

Hmm, I did not know that. I have ripped a fair amount of cd to
ogg/vorbis and have not experienced any problems. Could you explain a
little bit more about the bugs in gstreamer?

--
Trond Danielsen