Re: Swap Space Not Being Used?

RICHARD wrote:
I'm using FC4 on a Dell Inspiron 2200 (for over 1 year). OOo has started
crashing when working with inserting large picture files (although I've
worked with them in the past without problem). I noticed in xosview that
the physical memory (0.5GB) quickly goes up near the maximum and then OOo
exits. I also noticed that the swap space (which I believe is about 1GB)
always shows exactly zero. (On a 2gb memory dual opteron system, xosview
reports 845mb.) Shouldn't xosview show some swap space being used?

Any ideas on how I can check on whether swap is being used and/or turn
sway back on if it is actually not being used?

how much avail/in use:
cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i swap

where and avail:
swapon -sv