[Fedora] Mysterious problem with sendmail

Bob Taylor brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx
Fri Sep 15 05:45:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 13:33 -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Bob Taylor wrote:
> > Mail is now working again with
> > the same configuration files except mail from tcpwrappers seems to be
> > rejected. Don't know *why*
> >
>     If you're seeing tcpwrappers rejection, it's because of
> /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow configurations.  Any other
> rejections or access denied within sendmail would be because of
> /etc/mail/access.  Check your rules carefully.

Do you see any problem with my /etc/mail/access file?

localhost.localdomain		RELAY
localhost			RELAY
127.0.0.1			RELAY
192.168.0.1			RELAY
ann					RELAY
ann.qtpi.local		RELAY

(I added the last three lines *after* mail failed working!)

I think I have fixed my tcwrapper problem by adding SENDMAIL: ALL
to /etc/hosts.allow. Except for this, I don't know *what* happened to a
working mail system. I was able to send and receive email to and from my
ISP as well as receive mail from root (logwatch) and MAILER-DAEMON. I
just don't know why!!

--
Bob Taylor <brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx>