Re: Swap Space Not Being Used?

T. Horsnell wrote:
Isnt this indicating that you need to do a 'mkswap /dev/hda6'
to set up your swap area properly?

Terry.

A few days ago (right before this problem started), I installed
acpitool
and I tried to do a suspend (which didn't work). I think that screwed
something up!

Rick
IIRC, I have seen threads that have mentioned the same problem, that suspend to disk borked the swap file and it had to be recreated.

Well clearly swap is not on. But the command to turn it on is: swapon -a -e
which should be run by /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit on boot

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net>