RE: FC5 system() call

Even assuming you mean

int num_proc = system("cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -c processor >>
/dev/null 2>&1");

I dont see how this will give you the # of cpus.

num-proc will only contain the status of the system call, not the result
of the grep, wont it?
-----

You're right, it's giving me the return value from grep, which is 0.  I
need the string printed by grep ... How can I get this???

Thanks.

:b!