Problem Getting Ip from linksys router

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Sat Sep 23 17:09:24 UTC 2006

Around 02:24pm on Saturday, September 23, 2006 (UK time), Lucas Fraser (archangelj) scrawled:

> I have done an ifconfig and it lists my eth0 and eth1 as adapters. It
> doesn't matter witch I use but it never picks up an IP from the
> router. All I can get is a 169.?.?.? IP.

Is your router configured to run a DHCP server?

Try setting the ip address manually and see if that works.

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 18:07:55 up 35 days, 19:34,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00