Booting from PCMCIA Sata Drive

I installed FC5 onto an external SATA drive connected to PCMCIA SATA
card. Installation had no problems.
On reboot, Grub is unable to locate the external hard drive.
My BIOS does not support probing and finding drives connected to PCMCIA card.
In addition, my SATA pcmcia card does not have bios firmware that some PCI
SCSI cards have which make the attached drives visible to motherboard
bios.
The laptop does not have a floppy drive.
So, what is needed is a bootable cdrom iso image which lets you boot up,
and then remount root from /dev/sda2.
Would like some info on building just such an image using FC5.

Joe

Do you Yahoo!?