Re: skype problem with sound

On Saturday 23 September 2006 15:37, Thufir wrote:
>On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:23:32 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>[...]
>
>> But one gotcha is how the microphone channel is handled in the various
>> mixers linux has available.
>>
>> What is desired is to have the microphone's controlling buttons set to
>> enable the 'capture' function, but not to enable its output to the
>> mixer. If you output to the mixer only, then you can hear yourself, but
>> no one else can.
>
>[...]
>
>I think this was the problem I ran into last time I tried skype, but I
>never knew what it was!  thanks for the info :)

You're most welcome, although I don't know why Lee isn't teaching this
verse of the song too.  Or maybe as a broadcast engineer, I understand it
better, but I doubt that, its too close to simple "common sense" once
you've cut enough trees to see the forest of audio option settings a
little clearer. :)

Lee?

--
Cheers, Gene