Re: how to access remote CUPS printer?

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 19:28 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> How do I print to a remote CUPS printer
> from machines on which I am not root?
> On the remote machine, FC5, I am root.
> On the clients, FreeBSD and FC3, I am not root,
> but can open TCP ports.
> Is there a nonroot IPP client that can
> be used to print on a remote printer?

I am not sure exactly what you configuration is but if you are using
CUPS printing and the machines are on the same lan nothing needs to be
done except the existence of a client.conf file on the clients. Or to be
sure you  can identify the print server on the ServerName line of the
clent.conf file.
An effective way to deal with predators is to taste terrible.