Re: iptables mac address filtering

On 9/24/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 23:13 -0400, Negative wrote:
> is it possible to use an iptables rule for mac address filtering to
> allow vnc access from a particular machine to one in the office

No, for reasons as Les said.  Plus, you wouldn't want to be able to,
anyway.  The MAC can be changed at will.  It'd only take someone near
you on the same network to find out your MAC details, and program them
into their own computer, then they'd get past that tiny bit of
insecurity.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the information.

I read messages from the public lists.