Re: yum losing it´s flavour?

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Sunday 24 September 2006 03:35, Ric Moore wrote:

I have an Athlon64 3200 running 32 bit FC5 (yeah, I'm still chicken)

So am I :-)

and I'm seeing a kernel for i686 being yum updated. My updated nvidea
modules was an i586. It no longer works. <grins> Fill me and anyone else
as being merely ignorant, would you please? Ric

I don't use the proprietary drivers, but I did once have them installed, a couple of years ago. IIRC they have to be compiled against the running kernel, so updating your kernel means re-compiling the nvidia drivers. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Anne

I think you are right. I just went through recompiling the nvidia driver when I last upgraded my FC5 kernel last week. And I have had to do this everytime I upgraded the kernel.

->HS