Re: interfaces eth0, eth1, eth2 changes itself...

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 03:35 -0300, Cristiano Soares wrote:
> The thing is that when I turn off the server, disconnect cables and
> power, and move it to the right place the server changes the order of
> the eths itself. I can’t understand why. I don’t want it to charge the
> eths because I have the correct cable plug in to the right places. Can
> I change or prevent it from happening?

First simple thing to try:  When configuring your ethernet hardware, use
the option that binds its configuration to the NIC's MAC address.  They
should each have a unique MAC.  The GUI (at least) network configuration
tool provides an option for this that's easy enough to find.

Alternatively there might be some plug-and-play OS BIOS option that acts
inconsistently each boot up.  Toggling it might change things.

I read messages from the public lists.