File usage problem

Hi

I have server that runs samba. I'm getting weird problems being
reported where some files are being randomly being changed. I don't
know what is changing them and reports are so irregular that I can't
say when it happens and which file will be affected.

Is there a way to monitor files and log which process opens them? I
know there's lsof but I'm really looking for a way to log ALL files
opened over a 24 hour period?

Thanks
Dan