Re: Gimp is not printing in FC5

Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> I do not understand why, if I reduce image dimension in the output, I
> can print!!!

I suspect that you're using a "GDI" printer, which uses a GPL printer
driver running on your computer to do a lot of the layout. I seem to
remember that this driver had problems with complex printouts (e.g.
scans) if the printer had relatively little memory. Unfortunately, I
never found a good fix for this.

A workaround may be to set the DPI value to 300 dpi.

I don't think I ever got this into the Fedora bugzilla -- perhaps you
could do the honours?

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The screensaver is a "killer app", currently serving 10
aprilcottage.co.uk | years for manslaughter.