Gimp is not printing in FC5

Antonio Montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 16:38:10 UTC 2006

2006/9/25, James Wilkinson <fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk>:
> Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> > I do not understand why, if I reduce image dimension in the output, I
> > can print!!!
>
> I suspect that you're using a "GDI" printer, which uses a GPL printer
> driver running on your computer to do a lot of the layout. I seem to
> remember that this driver had problems with complex printouts (e.g.
> scans) if the printer had relatively little memory. Unfortunately, I
> never found a good fix for this.
>
> A workaround may be to set the DPI value to 300 dpi.
>
> I don't think I ever got this into the Fedora bugzilla -- perhaps you
> could do the honours?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James.
>
> --
> E-mail:     james@ | The screensaver is a "killer app", currently serving 10
> aprilcottage.co.uk | years for manslaughter.
>                    |     -- http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/X_Windows
>
> --

James

you got the point. GDI is the driver!!!! I will manage to import my
images (Jpeg from my digital) to any other program that has no
problem.
Furthermore, the PPD files supplied with the printer box by Samsung don't work.
Shall file a bug in Fedora or in Gimp???
Tnx

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag