OT: Then and than [WAS: chroot to oldlinux...]

On 9/25/06, oldman <talbotscott cox net> wrote:
        Just putting in a mild gripe here, but I can't remember the last time
someone used then or than correctly.  So just for the record use then
when you are trying to convey the order (chronologically or
geographically).  Than is used when comparing two things as I am bigger
than you.  The use here is obscure but other and that are in a weird way
being compared so than is correct.

        Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!  Please resume

Scott

In my defense, English is not my primary language and I always seem to mix
then and than. (Using then exclusively is much safer - Theoretically I
should be right in at least 50% of all cases...)
However, I'll inspire to do better. (...now if only vim could do grammar ;))

- Gilboa