Re: network has gone down again, and I cannot figure out why

Ric Moore wrote:
I believe I am OK now, If you would try that again to see what pops up,
I'd appreciate it. I am back on my static IP, it's resolving quickly and
seems to be at full speed.
Forward and reverse lookups on that IP resolve to a bellsouth adsl. A forward lookup on iam.wayward4now.net gives the correct IP. It appears you have what is called an alias for the bellsouth name. As long as the bellsouth name resolves forward and backward you may have as many alias names as you want.