network has gone down again, and I cannot figure out why

Mike Wright xktnniuymlla at mailinator.com
Tue Sep 26 16:36:49 UTC 2006

Ric Moore wrote:
> I believe I am OK now, If you would try that again to see what pops up,
> I'd appreciate it. I am back on my static IP, it's resolving quickly and
> seems to be at full speed.

Forward and reverse lookups on that IP resolve to a bellsouth adsl.  A
forward lookup on iam.wayward4now.net gives the correct IP.  It appears
you have what is called an alias for the bellsouth name.  As long as the
bellsouth name resolves forward and backward you may have as many alias
names as you want.