Re: Sendmail has died

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:06:59 +0100
Chris Linton-Ford <chris lintonford firebox com> wrote:

> It might help if you step through the function that is called
> by /sbin/service status foo, first as an unpriviledged user and then as
> root. What does ps aux say?

Everything seems to have been fixed by deleting /var/lock/subsys/sendmail and
restarting sendmail.  I got all of my email from various cron jobs that should
be coming through last night, and it's still running fine this morning, so it
looks like the problem must have been some kind of a rogue lockfile.