Trying to compile program...says make is not found

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Sep 26 19:57:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, Sep 26th 2006 at 12:54 -0700, quoth Jared Buck:

=>Hey all...
=>
=>I'm trying to compile zsnes for linux and i followed the instructions to run
=>autogen sh before compiling with make, but i get the following error message -
=>
=>g++  -pipe -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -D__UNIXSDL__
=>-I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT  -march=pentium4 -O3
=>-fomit-frame-pointer -s -fno-rtti -o tools/fileutil.o -c tools/fileutil.cpp
=>make: g++: Command not found
=>make: *** [tools/fileutil.o] Error 127
=>
=>What does this mean and how do i fix it?  I have gcc installed. or at least
=>that's what yum tells me.

570 > rpm -qf /usr/bin/g++
gcc-c++-4.0.2-8.fc4

Do a yum install gcc-c++ and you should be good to go. Note that the error
message does not say that make is not found. It's make that's saying that
g++ is not found.

steveo at syslang.net