Re: Checking internet connection without a winbox

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I would suggest staying away from combined routers and modems.
> I would prefer to not have the ISP have control over routing on my local
> network.

Depends on the router, the ISP and the technology (and who provides it).
It's quite normal in the UK to buy an ADSL router and configure it
yourself. The ISP doesn't get any control over the device.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Blessed are the pessimistic, for they take backups.
aprilcottage.co.uk |