Re: Suggestions for cd ripper...mp3 or wav?

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 01:34:47 +0930,
  Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 11:39 -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> > I'm also looking for comments on the relative advantages of ripping to
> > mp3 versus wav files
>
> If you have ogg capable players, I'd suggest ogg over MP3.  It's
> unencumbered, and it generally sounds better.

Note that ogg is a container and not a codec. Vorbis is the rough equivalent
to mp3. But you can also use flac which is lossless but whose output should
be significantly smaller (maybe half depending on what you are recording) that
of wav.