Re: USB Memory stick

Peter Gordon wrote:
M.Lewis wrote:
A few days ago I copied some files to a USB Memory stick. No problem.
Now I'm needing to copy some more files to the same memory stick and
it's telling me it's a read-only file system. I had zero problems with
this the other day.

Mine has a switch notch at the end of it (kind of like the floppy disks of old
and their notches for this) that toggles whether the disk is Read-Only or
Read/Write. Does yours have something similar; and if so, is it set to be R/W?

There are no switches on mine. At least that I'm aware of.

Thanks,
Mike

--

 It is now pitch dark.  If you proceed, you will likely fall into a pit.
  22:30:01 up 6 days,  4:04,  7 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.22, 0.23

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org