Re: su and runuser

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> You are actually correct and I am being difficult. I am referring to the
> fact that the permissions on runuser are 755 which would imply that it
> can be run by anyone.

*Can* be run by anyone doesn't mean that anyone can do anything useful
with it...

You need to be root or running a setuid root program to change user IDs,
and obviously a 755 program isn't setuid (or it would be 4755).

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | "Today Has Been Two Of Those Days."
aprilcottage.co.uk |     -- Mike Andrews