Re: Pix Firewall Monitoring Software on Linux

On 9/27/06, Thom Paine <painethom gmail com> wrote:
I have a Pix here at the place I work but I don't do all the
maintenance on it. I do however log into it with a web browser for
small things. Does the web one do what you want? Or is there a better
monitoring application that you use under windows?
--

hey,

I use telnet to login into the pix firewall.

Is TelNet safe???

I don't use any web
based or any other application to monitor it but now want to monitor
it particularly the VPN Connection status. I am not going to use any
Windows based software even though how good it is and even if it is
free. I love linux and I am looking for some software on Linux only.
There are 1 or 2 good software s and I am going explore them soon.

rancid and cacti.

Which web based software you use to do some the stuff on pix ?

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover