DVD problem in FC5

  Hello there,
        I have a problem with FC5, must have started within the last
month, but I don't know which  update.

My dvd drive (TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSL462C; device /dev/scd0)  no longer
automounts CD/DVDs when inserted. Now I can get root and mount manually,
but it is annoying.

Actually I have two options:
  -> No boot-time kernel option
     This gives correct auto-mounting, but no DMA--> DVDs unwatchable
  -> hdc=noprobe
     This gives no auto-mount, but I can watch DVDs

I used to get both at once.
     Any clues anyone?
               Thanks,
                    Bill