Re: DVD problem in FC5

William Murray wrote:
  Hello there,
        I have a problem with FC5, must have started within the last
month, but I don't know which  update.

My dvd drive (TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSL462C; device /dev/scd0) no longer automounts CD/DVDs when inserted. Now I can get root and mount manually,
but it is annoying.

I had reported this problem a few weeks ago but nobody replied. I also posted this in Debian mailing list (I mainly boot into Debian and occassionaly into Fedora) and got the reply that this could be due to a problem in the version of hal. The problem was solved in Debian with a new hal version. What version of hal do you have? In Debian 0.5.7.1-2 solves this issue.

->HS

Actually I have two options:
  -> No boot-time kernel option
     This gives correct auto-mounting, but no DMA--> DVDs unwatchable
  -> hdc=noprobe
     This gives no auto-mount, but I can watch DVDs

I used to get both at once.
     Any clues anyone?
               Thanks,
                    Bill