Re: Suggestions for e-mail client:

Recently I switch to sylpheed-claws and in so many ways it great,
especially when it comes to setting up the spam filter (never a
false positive) and clam antivirus. the handling of html emails is
great, it displays them by default as text and only if you really think
you need to see the email in all its glory do you even need to use the
html plug-in.  It has my "vote" for default email client.