Re: enable mail relay for other IP in linux

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 23:32 -0700, M E Fieu wrote:
> Hi..  May I know how to restrict the SMTP relay on the sendmail in Linux ?  Is the sendmail in
> linux can only be the relay host for itself by default?  How to make it to be the mail relay for
> other IP

Edit /etc/mail/access and add RELAY entries for the network(s) you want
to relay for.

You will also need to remove the "Addr=127.0.0.1," clause from the
DAEMON_OPTIONS line in sendmail.mc so that sendmail will be able to
accept connections from the network.

You'll need to install the sendmail-cf package and run "make" in
the /etc/mail directory to update the configuration files and databases,
then restart sendmail.

Paul.