OT sendmail delay

Hi Everyone

I know this is off-topic seeing as how it's about sendmail but I was hoping someone could help out.

I have a machine with two ethernet cards in - previously these sat on two different networks to take email from inside and deliver it to the smarthost externally. Now that the network has been changed to 192.168 arrangement we don't need both ethernet connections, but I have noticed a distinct delay on the other ethernet card to get a connection, sometimes over a minute. Other services work just fine on it and are instantaneous as is sendmail on the internal ethernet card. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what to look for.

Thanks

Bryan