No KDE

I usually use Gnome (fc5_64)and check out KDE every once in a while. I
  tried to open KDE today and just got a box telling me, "could not
  start kstartupconfig. Check your installation.". I did a search and
  found a file kstartupconfig_8pp-something or other, but that was in
  user/share/docs and it was code. I'm too new to know where to begin
  with this. I've tried intalling all the libraries but to no avail. Any
  ideas that would also keep my Home info in tact would be greatly
  appreciated.
  --
  G. Hare