'kickstarting' a customised install

Hi

Pardon the terminology here but is it possible to take an image of a currently installed system and then building another machine with exactly the same setup? A bit like dd'ing the install but having it so that the partitioning would be more dymanic if you built this image onto a bigger box or something?

I ask as we have base kickstarts that we then have to 'build' into different types of systems, be it database, app etc so it would be really great to snapshot a current system and them deploying this out again.

Is that possible or would it be suggested to add all the required packages etc in the post of the kickstart?

thanks