audacity help nowhere else to search

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Thu Sep 28 19:11:05 UTC 2006

Bonjour,

I try (desesperatly) to have input devices working in audacity....

I tried to install rpm from extras or livna, both versions: i386 and
x86_64 (my system is x86_64), I tried to compile from cvs with *last*
version of portaudio (v19), using svn, to enable alsa, I cannot have the
devices selection working in toolbar.

I read somewhere that audacity uses the sound modules to enable this
device selectors.

My sound card is realtek ALC882 and it is recognised by audacity when I
go in preferences. I tried many combinations in these preferences but
without any success....

I run fc4. kernel 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp (x86_64). Are the sound modules
obsolete?

I ask alsa list, audacity list, without getting a correct answer.... My
sound card is perfectly working, in alsamixer all the channels are
enabled... What is wrong?

Thank you.
--
François Patte