Re: fedora core 4: no fd0u1680?

fedoralist subtropolix org wrote:
I've been using core 4 for quite some time now and this is the first time i've had to think about device nodes. I'd like to mount a floppy that's formatted to 1680 density but can't figure out how the device nodes work. ...

I hate to ask, but did you try it? The fd0...fdn devices are supposed to auto-detect the actual capacity and density of the disk in the drive.

If that doesn't work, I think you'll have to configure the appropriate floppy devices for hal to create them.

Wow, I guess floppies are dead. I've been running FC5 for months and just now noticed that it never set up floppy access at all.

<Joe