what's the story on mixing yum repos these days?

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Fri Sep 29 20:06:29 UTC 2006

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i've read differing advice on whether it's safe to mix and match
> livna, ATrpms and rpmforge repos.  what i'm after is to install
> various multimedia packages (codecs, mplayer, etc.)
>
>   any good advice?  thanks.

I'm using the official GStreamer repositories [1] with Livna and Core/Extras
for all of my multimedia needs (gstreamer-universe, mplayer, loads of
open-source codecs, et al.) No troubles here. (The Gstreamer FC5 repositories
even work well with Rawhide, but that's not considered stable at all (though
I'm weird and cooky like that).

[1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/download/fedora5.html
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)