Re: smart package mgr question?

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I just ran smart pkg mgr on my FC5 lappy, and any cups I click on claims it will downgrade 3 packages if I exec it. What the heck? Yumex doesn't seem to have that problem.

Smart uses a different dependency resolving algorithm that offers to downgrade packages automatically. RPM is not designed for downgrades and Yum, Yumex, Pirut etc dont support this. Whether this is a advantage or not is debatable.

Rahul