ssh & sftp terminal timeout

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Wed Apr 25 04:37:57 UTC 2007

Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Incidentally, if someone can tell me why "rpm -qa openssh-\*" doesn't
> return "openssh-4.3p2-19.fc6" in the list, but "rpm -qa openssh\*" does,
> I'd like to know.
The dash after openssh in openssh-4.2p1-fc4.10 is the delimiter between
the package name and the version.  The dash after openssh in any of the
others (e.g., openssh-askpass-4.3p2-19.fc6) is part of the package
name.  The wild card works on package names; not versions.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce