Java plugin v1.6.0 nukes Firefox

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sat Apr 28 11:06:33 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been using Java 1.5.0_06 for awhile without problem.

Several days ago I just noticed that the azureus release notes recommended
v1.5.0_10 or higher because it fixes some memory leaks. The latest java at
java.com is v1.6.0_01. I downloaded this and installed it, changing the
symlink in the firefox plugins directory to point to the newer version.
However, when I tried to run FF v2.0.0.3, it kept crashing at startup until
I reverted to the older version. Anyone else seen this problem?

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam