Home Lan with D-Link DI-604

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Mon Apr 30 13:59:34 UTC 2007

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 07:06:02PM -0300, Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
>> Hi people!
>> I would like to see your opinion on this matter. I am running a home lan
>> with two computers, one ASUS MB K8-VX SE and another K8-VX, both onboard
>> lan, FC6 and a radio connection with a D-Link DI-604 broadband ethernet
>> router. Both computers can access internet at the same time smoothly,
>> but they cannot see each other's shared folders. NETFS, Network, NFS,
>> NFSLOCK and PORTMAP services are all up and running. Even if I disable
>> guarddog firewall on both computers, I still cannot see shared folders.
>> Any hints on how to setup NFS???
>
> I am currently using a D-Link DI-604 at this moment on my home network of
> five machines. (Mac G3 OSX 10.3; FC6; F7t4*2; XPpro) and have no problems
> with any of the machines seeing any of the others.
>
> The one thing I had to do to on the FC6 box was to add an IPTables rule to
> let local LAN traffic be accepted.
>
> iptables -I INPUT -s <10.11.12.0/24>* -j ACCEPT
>

> the <ip>* should be replaced with your local LAN network number (no angle
> brackets).  This lets the NFS packets travel freely on the LAN and no exposure
> on the Internet.  Otherwise, on FC6, I found that there was no NFS access.
>
> HTH
> Wolfe

Hi Wolfe!
Despite the fact that I can only set firewall rules in a graphical
interface, I disabled guarddog firewall rules and still could not see
shared folders. :(
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *