Problem with firefox opening new windows

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 1 05:34:16 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 09:13 -0700, Gordon Charrick wrote:
> Occasionally, if I left click on a link, instead of FF opening the
> link in the current window, it will open a new window maybe 75% of the
> size and open the link there. This window has no decoration other than
> a titlebar. The "main" FF window acts like a program that is hung
> somewhat.

That sort of thing is usually down to user-un-friendly webmasters doing
annoying things in their authoring.

> The nasty thing is that if I click on the X in the upper right corner
> to close the new child window, it completely kills FF, even if there
> are several tabs open. I can generally refresh the page and the window
> goes away and open properly in the main window. It's really annoying
> and I can't reproduce it at will but it does happen often.

That shouldn't happen, I'd report that as a bug.  Just for curiosity's
sake, do you get the same thing happening if you close this extra window
when using the ALT & F4 hotkeys to close a window?  (Make sure the right
window is active, first.)

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.