Nameserver Problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 1 05:41:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 13:31 -0400, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
> I don't find a "lan.conf" file but I do have the following.  Which
> one, if any, can I operate on to eliminate the loading of those darned
> links?

custom files of mine.  That lan.conf is something I put in there,
myself.  The reason being that modifying original files can cause you
problems when you update bind.  Your modifications may disappear.
Writing them externally means that the most you have to do to get them
back is insert an include line, rather than redo all the other things
you did.

With the current version of BIND, it looks like it doesn't come with the
default named.conf file, and will start off using the other ones it
comes with, if it doesn't find one.  I put in a named.conf file, and
make it refer to the other files (with an include).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.