Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Apr 1 19:43:56 UTC 2007

Al Graziano wrote:
> Thank you. I did look at the blacklist file (it may work) but I still
> need to bind the wireless card to the new driver. Do you know where such
> binding info is kept?
>
> Ciao
> Al

The default bindings are generated by depmod and are in the modules
directory for the specific kernel. Take a look at the modules.alias
file. Just blacklisting the orinoco_cs module may be enough. As long
as the hostap module was in the kernel module tree when you ran
depmod, it should also be listed as a module for that card. Try it
and see if that works.

If it doesn't, you can ether add a rule to modprobe.conf that loads
the module you want when you try and bring up the interface, (easy)
or alias the the device itself (harder). Something like:

alias wlan0 hostap
or
alias pcmcia:m*c*f*fn*pfn*paC4F8B18Bpb474A1F2Apc*pd* hostap

It might be easier to write a udev rule to load the module when the
card is detected. (I know how to translate the PCMCIA user and
product codes into udev rules, but not the alias rule above.)

Mikkel