Google TiSP, free in-home wireless broadband service

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 03:09:56 UTC 2007

--- Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
> > Right!  I have a cesspool, so I cannot sign up for
> the
> > service.  Yet I can refer the offer to other
> friends
> > who can get it and sign up.  I believe it is the
> right
> > thing to do.
> >
> > In the FAQ,
> > http://www.google.com/tisp/faq.html
> > they answer the question
> >
> > Can I use TiSP if my home uses a septic system?
> >  Sorry, but no -- TiSP requires the use of a
> central
> > sewer system to connect your home to the Internet.
>
> Oh, I didn't get to the FAQ.  But they didn't answer
> if the service is
> available outside of the US.

In what countries is this service available?
 TiSP is available today in the U.S. and Canada.
Google has formed an international consortium of
utility companies, sewage system experts, toilet
manufacturers, and plumbers to develop solutions to
the many problems facing all "dark porcelain"-based
data-delivery innovators.

> I also wonder why they
> didn't design custom
> flappers so the cable would feed through the tank as
> opposed to the bowl.  I
> just imagine some messy situations with the current
> configuration.

I agree with you here.  Things could get messy.  But
they say that they will protect your privacy.  One bad
thing though is the ads:  This is what they say

It's good for you. Your FREE TiSP service includes a
Google Toolbar-based analysis of your dietary habits
and genetic predispositions, along with
recommendations for healthier living.

We could ignore the ads.  What else can we do?  They
say that this is how the service is payed for.