smart package manager upchucking

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 05:46:09 UTC 2007

On Monday, April 02, 2007 12:54 am Gene Heskett wrote:
> I haven't tried that, but using yumex 1.92 as a last ditch, I attempted to
> have it update only azureus, but it cannot be co-erced into ignoring the
> openoffice-2.2 I put in a few days ago, and insists on overwriting it
> with 2.0.4, so I gave that up too.  OOo-2.2 is sweet, just ignore the jre
> in the tarball and that all fits rather nicely.

Well, I found two ways of handling that particular problem:
1)  Update to the latest version, and then install the downloaded version
overtop of it;
2)  Create your own RPM package (in this case, probably with the same name as
the Extras package), and install it.  Yum always uses the package with the
highest version number unless dependencies force it not to (which I think is
a MAJOR bug in Yum itself...).

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!