USB Camera

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Apr 2 15:00:28 UTC 2007

david walcroft wrote:
> My usb connection to FC6 is not being detected automatically,
> What do I do to check where my problem is.

The first step is to look in /var/log/messages to see what it says
about your camera. There should be several messages, starting with
one about a new USB device detected. Also keep in mind that some
cameras are only accessible by running a program like gigiKam. It
depends on weather the camera uses one of the standard protocols...

Mikkel